Mets Blob's Facebook Wall

Saturday, April 16, 2011

APRIL SHOWERS BRING DOUBLE HEADERS

LET’S NOT PLAY TWO
After learning that the Mets are scheduled to play a double header tomorrow at Turner Field, David Wright called an impromptu press conference in the lobby of the team’s hotel. “I really don’t think it’s fair for us to have to play so many innings in one day. First of all, it’s tiring. We had a grueling spring training and a rough start to the season, and none of us have had any time to kick back and chill. I’m also looking to grow that stubbly beard thing that I do from time to time, and I really need a few hours to shape it up. The guy that does Jose’s eyebrows is in town, and he’s agreed to work with me. If I’m on the field all day, we won’t have the time to hook up.”
When reminded of the legendary Ernie Banks quote, “Let’s play two,” Wright chuckled. “That was easy for Banks to say. 
He could hit, hit for power, run, field and throw. Who wouldn’t want to play two with that kind of talent? 
Banks would have never said that if he sucked.

Playing two when you suck is brutal. That’s like 18 innings. Are you F---ing kidding me? 
In 18 innings I could conceivably swing and miss like 24 or 30 times. That takes a lot out of a guy."

Mets all-time record at Turner Field: 38 wins, 78 losses

2 comments:

  1. Was that rain in Atlanta, or tears from Mets players, after getting teased by the Braves!

    ReplyDelete