Mets Blob's Facebook Wall

Saturday, October 1, 2011

Rollins Rips Reyes in Latest Bitchfest


Jimmy Rollins jumps in on ripping Reyes
 “I would have played the whole game. I’m like, ‘Hey, I fought this hard to be in this position and I’m going to see it through to the end.’ My personality, I’m going to ride it out. I worked this hard to be this good and put up these numbers, I would like to see it all the way to the end. … I don’t think it’s a lack of confidence with Reyes, but that is the way he wanted to do it. For what reason, I don’t know. It could have been outside influences. … He did everything he needed to do, and when you see that coming from another player, you see them putting the team first. It’s not about me. I’ve got to push the issue for the team. I put myself in position that puts us in position. In previous years you just didn’t get quite that feeling from [Reyes] being in the other dugout. This year you really did. It was like, ‘This man is doing everything he can.’… It makes for great comparisons, [Reyes] had a great year, but with free agency you take a year and a career all into consideration. Then on top of that you take the things you don’t see on the field — the intangibles in the clubhouse, leading the team. Is this guy a winning player? How does he impact the team by himself when he’s in the lineup and out of the lineup? They are all great things to compare.

You would think players who are involved in post season play like CJ Wilson and Jimmy Rollins would have more on their mind then taking shots at Jose Reyes. Ryan Braun claimed to have no issue with how Jose handled locking in the batting title, simply saying "I didn't get it done."


That could be because if Reyes played the entire final game and went 0-4 Braun would have, more than likely, sat out his last game to win the batting title. Mets Blob didn't hear Rollins or Wilson bitch about Brandon Phillips or Carlos Beltran who both sat out the last game of the season so they could preserve .300 batting averages. Maybe "Jelly Roll" is just scared Philly could cough big bucks to replace him with free agent Reyes. Why not. Compared to Rollins, Reyes is almost never on the DL.


No comments:

Post a Comment