• Murphy hits 2 run HR in the bottom of the 6th to tie game.
• Beltran has 3 hits, including 2 Doubles.
• Reyes has 4 hits and 2 stolen bases.
• The Mets load the bases with 1 out in the bottom of the 1st inning and fail to score. Bases loaded for most teams is a good thing, but for the Mets it is a recurring nightmare.
• David Wright is tied for the league lead in strikeouts and is 0 for 19. How long can the Mets continue to bat him in the 3 hole?
• Dickey gives up go ahead HR to Pence in the top of the 8th.
• Angel Pagan gets nailed at the plate trying to score the tying run on a wild pitch in the bottom of the 8th. His slide was awful. His front foot was airborne for some reason and never touched the plate.
• Terry Collins calls on Thole to bunt Reyes over after a leadoff single in the bottom of the 9th. Why do we continue to sac bunt and give up outs? This is the aggressive baseball we were promised?
• Thole pops up an attempted bunt, and Reyes freezes and gets doubled off first, as
’s 2nd baseman sneaks in behind him to cover the bag. Houston
THIS IS OUR BENCH?
• The Mets had only 4 bench players tonight because they are carrying an extra pitcher. There is no weaker bench in baseball: Hu, Hairston, Turner and Nickeas.This is not even a money issue. This is the work of a clueless GM. Even when Bay returns - and Harris assumes a backup role - the bench remains a joke.