Mets 9 – Astros 1
• Chris Capuano pitched an excellent game, giving up just 1 run over 7 innings. He looked like a poised, professional pitcher. Great job.
• David Wright busted out of his 0 for 20 slump, crushing a HR to deep left center and driving a solid double into the gap to plate 2 runs.
• Terry Collins got himself tossed in the top of the 1st, arguing a foul tip call. Terry’s antics were clearly premeditated to fire up his team.
• Mike Nickeas hit his first Major League HR.
• Ike killed a ball to dead center, well beyond the Apple.
• Outfielder In - Outfielder Out
On the night when
returns, Angel Pagan is forced to leave the game with an injury. We should have seen this coming. The idea that the Mets could have all three starting outfielders on the field for more than a few innings was too good to be true. It looked like Angel hurt his left arm colliding with Justin Turner on a pop up but Terry said after the game that Pagan pulled a muscle in his side swinging the bat. We know that Angel is off to a slow start but the idea of Harris or Hairston playing CF is scary. Jason Bay